Friday, January 20, 2012

Soundcheck!



It is here, it is live, it is grandiose, it is, The Soundcheck !

*sound of a crowd wild with applause and praise*

Yes my little leprechauns, as I mentioned on Tuesday, the Soundchecks are now Fridays, and World Class Scum is temporarily out of the air. (If you have ideas for the column, you go ahead and do it, I'm getting busy, I just don't have time to do both anymore, barely one).

But all that put aside, let's get to the heart of the subject.
This week, we have a she! That's right folks; she's the one that put this awesome Scumbase together, she's the one that writes about webcomics and gets innocent bystanders like me hooked, she's a diplomat with a good heart, she's a HoF puppeteer, my friends I present to you, our beloved geekette, Iola. (Not to be confused with our newly born g34kette; different family of nerds)

It's your turn, Iola,
You pass all criteria;
You can be a
Bun-Bun huntah,
Just don't blame me aftah.
lol, chances are only Iola will get it, but it's her song after all!


So a long time ago, longer than what you would guess with her way of speech (you can take that as you want, but I see it as a compliment... just saying), two lovebirds were saying tender words to each other. I mean, the things you see in chick flicks. They were basically repeating what they were hearing at the radio at that time, words of love and gentleness.



Except it was so not make believe, because nine months later, a little Iola was out in the world. I guess we know what influenced her big heart. Sweet words. I looked up five or six different versions of Conway Twitty and let me tell you, he doesn't move much and doesn't care for video clips.... So I chose this one because he looks like a kind of pogo hopping on its stick and at 1:15, it's like he's fighting a bubble passing through his brain or something, love it.

So our little princess grew older and was soon 14 years old. She was already getting a very good hold of making people believe whatever she wanted, but she did it for the greater good. The world was wrong, it was hurting and people were responsible for it, it was time to fix it and make people believe it was their idea. Basically, she was the master of her own make believes, so she was seeing clearly.



Now I knew that song, but never saw the singer before, and I didn't know the name either. Boy, was I surprised. And what's up at 1:30 ? I can hear clearly now, too! Love the outfit, I'd pay anyone to walk outside with that on. Especially Iola.

But she got older, she got tired of world puppetry. She couldn't do it alone. She was utterly bored. But then she heard this song and got energy boosted half way through (I'm saying that because I want you to listen at least half of it, because it changes then... and leave the gun in the drawer, you'll get through it, come on!)


Sorry about the no playback, but hey, better that than SOPA and PIPA, right?


So Iola decided to settle to controlling the Hall of Fame and making sure everything is under order, everyone is nice to each other, or otherwise tells you in a polite way, a bit like Unohana in Bleach... you gotta know what I'm talking about to get the reference though...

Congratulations Iola in having the hardest Soundcheck to comment E-VER!! They don't move, they don't dance, they just sing like their hearts are going to burst. I'm sorry, I wish it had been better, but videos were rare in those years (no, she's not older than Quilp... that's not possible... If humans were made in God's image, the planet was created in Quilp's image, can't be older than the Earth, don't be insulting!).

Stay tuned, as next week, we'll have the pleasure of going through Redwood's closets. The funniest part is, the years will start off where we leave them here (so basically, Redwood was born pretty much when Iola turned 21, hihihihi)

Hopefully we'll get some action!!

Cheers!

6 comments:

  1. That Conway Twitty sure knew how to work the stage, hey?

    Johnny Nash was ostracized from the reggae community because of that song ... it wasn't 'reggae enough.' He was considered a sell out.

    And that last song .. honest to God, this is the first time I've ever heard of it.

    Where is my Inna-Gadda-Da-Vida? Edgar Winter's White Trash? Pink Floyd? Tubular Bells. Even Elton John (shudder) might have been in context. *sigh* I'm a misunderstood world conqueror.

    Barbra AND Donna in one song ... gotta go a lonnnnnng way to beat that combo. :D

    Thanks Kami! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pleasure.

    And I'm so glad I was able to plug Bun-Bun in your song's lyrics. I wanted to touch the webcomics you made us discover, but the main problem is trying to find words that rhyme with every one's name...

    Quilp was fun...
    r34lg33k too....
    But "a" isn't that easy either...
    I had "bra" in mind for a while, but I wanted to avoid the mighty smiting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now THAT is a revelation.... Iola is Redwoods mother!!! Tis true! Kami said so in his column!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I had "bra" in mind for a while,"

    We're not surprised Kami.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol Ghetto

    Seems like I have quite the reputation now. XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. now? Lets be honest... You have been working at said reputation for quite some time now ;)

    ReplyDelete