Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Various Artists, Volume I

I was driving in my flashy red car without my sweet girl listening to some of my music collection and then it hit me: instead of doing a special on just particular artist I will do a Various Artist one.

So, a couple of songs were buzzing by on my radio when this one came along:


Idlewild - No Emotion


I was going for another song, but there's only crap live versions of it, and this is from the same album, Make Another World. It's the only album I have of these guys, but they sure have a lot of fun!

Another one is a recent discovery. I am not familiar with the original, but this is a very good cover, I have been told:

Triggerfinger - I Follow Rivers


A lovely Belgium cover of an Icelandic singer's song. Beautiful!

This band deserves their own column, but for now this will have to do:

Arcade Fire - Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains)


I really love Arcade Fire. I will do them most justice soon.

Then there's another Belgium band that came by on the MP3 player. This is not their most famous songs, far from it I think. But it is wonderful:

dEUS - Dream Sequence No. 1


Just love Tom Barman's voice.

Since Belgium has a lot of impact on this column this week, I will post a recent find of mine, The Me In You:



And since Ciciz has been annoying the heck out of me the last few days with this song, I will share it with my fellow scum bearers, mwoehahahaha!

Bjørn Hellfuck - Krabbeklo


Yes, it's Norwegian. Yes, it is about crab claws. No, I don't have the phone number of the big busted girls in the video.

So, I hope you enjoyed this installment. Now go back to work, you slackers! There's a dungeon out there with our name on it!

Cheers
Nargoth

4 comments:

  1. YAY!!!! *annoys scum, then adds evil laughter*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait.. does that means Narc is still alive? YAY, new music.

    Never heard of Idlewild, but enjoying their mellow sound. Might have to investigate more.

    I really like Triggerfinger. Was one of the highpoints during paaspop last weekend (perhaps i'll post something about that later). Don't find this a terrible good cover though. Doesn't really improve on the original and their own songs are a lot more gripping in my opinion. But as always, the cover becomes a hit... Seriously Narc, you should do one about Triggerfingers normal repetoire in the near future. Totally worth it, promiss!

    Arcade Fire, nice but nothing to wake me up for at night. (it gives me an Abba fibe...)

    Not sure what it is about deus. They've always been a "big name", but never really a big band... I like them though, I guess that is it. Most ppl like it, especially their mellow sound with a strong guitar aftertaste.

    The me in you, another name i NEVER heard of before. I guess I should go browse the new music section more. Although I'm not swept from my feat yet byt this song. Interesting enough to give it a second glance though. (nice clip)

    Bjorn Hellfuck... LOL, thought it was bjork so was about to skip it. Gave me quite a giggle. Good job Ciz! Narc needs more being annoyed. At least it will give him a taste of his own medicine ;-) (that blonde looks scary like hell btw...)

    Great comeback Nargipoofufu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Björk Hellfuck, now that would be something. Glad you liked some of them.

      Delete