Sunday, July 08, 2012


This week, we're taking a look at an adorable clay monster.  A clay monster who goes on bad dates, works in a bakery and lives with his mom.  Yea, he's got our sympathy already.

One of the things that makes Marlowe interesting is that he's rendered in clay.  The artist/sculptor Shin Yin Khor says of herself "I'm a Los Angeles area sculptor, scenic painter, prop builder and monster maker. My day job is more boring than all of the above.  I am inspired by monsters, tentacles, mediocre science fiction movies, bikes, Dungeons and Dragons, and really adorable cats."  Her blog is Sawdust Bear and you can see her Deviantart at Oddhatter.  Check them out .. you can see she's getting ready for San Diego Comic Con.  

But .. back to Marlowe.  He's a loser and he's huggable.  He'll make you remember the awful dates you've had, the weird relationship with your mom at times in your life .. yea, he'll remind you a bit of someone you know ... if not yourself.








Marlowe the Monster isn't always funny, but it is interesting to drop by and see what Marlowe is up to each week.  And to see the inspired and detailed work of Shin Yin Khor.

marlowe the monster

2 comments:

  1. Finally pictures that show us the REAL Alyxyn!!!

    And may I go totally offtopic to tell you I seriously love this months guildpage eyecandy? I may? Good! I love it!

    ReplyDelete