Sunday, September 18, 2016

Blatherings from the Bilge

okay, so my wife was right. This week was not just the bloodwork but rather was bloodwork, doc visit and an 'easy drug' treatment. Well, that was what it was supposed to be at least.

My blood work showed my cell counts are as expected except for creatinine. The creatinine is ... lower than acceptable. This means that my kidneys are not terribly happy and are behaving suboptimally. So the doc had to cancel my chemo for next week.

But.. he also added a hydration to today so I only got home from my 8:30 am doc appointment around 3pm. *sigh*

So next week, there is going to be blood work and that will be followed the following week with a full three session chemo session over Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday... if my creatinine levels improve.

Must force fluids even if nauseous.. must force fluids even if nauseaus.

By the way, since I have received the question from several people, I asked the doctor 'academically, without treatment, how long would I realistically have?'

His answer was "I would say 3-6 months, closer to the 6. With treatment, it is anyone's guess though"
So, that question is answered....*sigh*

9 comments:

  1. And the shit goes on... Stay strong smelly one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait wait wait...the gobbo has a wife?! Kidding side, great to know. My mom had pancreatic cancer, and the support she had from family and friends made everything so much easier. And she didn't have all of these online loonies either!

    Keep up with the posts when you can. I am sure it must be cathartic in some way to vent, and I think it helps all of us as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, this gobbo has a goblinette. :) since 2005. My wife is being fantastic helping me out and supporting me and also giving me space as I need.

      The writeups I have found helpful so that others don't feel out of the loop. If they have an idea of what I am going through, it helps them to understand and sympathize even if they don't know what to say.

      Sadly, I lost the ability to blend the cancer into a coherent humorous tale here, however, the docs have found my referencing it as a demonic parasite in my body to be rather humorous. So that at least continues :)

      Delete
  3. I didn't know how strong a gobbo can be until i saw it in you Aly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stay strong, let the treatments works. I have high hope in you Aly *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try. I am doing everything the docs ask of me and question them on anything I can so I understand better. What will happen, will happen and I know that most of it is out of my control. My ability to follow instructions and keep my spirits up are two of the things that ARE in my control and I will continue fighting in that manner while I can :)

      Delete
  5. You are the green menace! Don't let another menace win from you, it is not the scummy thing to do!

    Stay strong and beat that cancer into submission.

    Narg & Ciciz

    ReplyDelete