Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Danger Mouse

I was listening to Jango (an online music station) and I couldn't help but noticing this song which came by:


Of course, you have all heard of Jack White. The White Stripes had a monster hit with "Seven Nation Army" couple of years back. But this time I would like to put the other guy in the spotlight, Danger Mouse.

I already knew him from his band Broken Bells, of which I will show some more videos later on, but first a nice little song featuring Norah Jones:


Yes, it's not as polished as it could have been, and I like that. Nowadays we turn away from our roots and just don't seem to appreciate the true beauty of a natural voice or just a guitar.

Now, onto Broken Bells. They have only made one album so far, but I do hope there's more to come.


The High Road was somewhat of a winner for him, but only topping at 15 in the American charts. Then again, I normally don't really go for the bands with success. ;)

Next song is "The Ghost Inside", also not so much a great success, but a very pretty song nonetheless:


They released an EP in 2011, of which this song is taken from:


Sounds a bit Klaxonish to me. Excellent, I love Klaxons.

Last song for today is "October". Long wait to said month, but here's the video all the same:


That's it for this week. I know, no crying. Maybe there'll be another column next week!

Cheers
Nargoth

5 comments:

  1. Bah.. the Dangermouse cartoon was better

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray, a music to die for with more than just a couple of youtube vids again. Good to see you are on your way back Narc.

    Not sure what it is with dangermouse. Every time I hear he is involved in a certain song I go and listen to it. But they’re never actually songs I really love. They’re always enjoyable though, but that is kinda it. He doesn’t really touch me for some reason.

    Oh and Klingons are evil, so I refuse to listen to their music. Would probably make my ears bleed anyway ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. But i must say "two against one" has been stuck in my head for days now....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I like Broken Bells! Thanks Nargi :D

    ReplyDelete