Sunday, June 10, 2012


I think I've mentioned before that I am a sucker for a swashbuckler, especially when given a backdrop of stars.  Meet Sabre, a heroine with shady business practises, a fast sword and a ship of her own ...


... the Pegasus.



Now meet Drake, a straight-laced lawman with a mission, a fast gun, and something that Sabre needs ...


... a key to open a case that she has "appropriated." 

Our two protagonists meet up ...


and the rest I'll let you discover for yourself as wild west meets deep space.

The art is generally well done, despite the artist's penchant for drawing water underneath the Pegasus .. let's call it a quirk that we can live with.  The story seems well paced.  It publishes Mondays and Thursdays, but is on a bit of break until the beginning of July while they get their next chapter ready for publication. They seem interested in keeping their readers interested, however, and have ongoing postings on their blog component.  In the meantime, catch up on their backlog .. which is not that long.   I've bookmarked this for my reading.


6 comments:

  1. ooooh space pirates... (with thingies schnebbs likes to write poems about...) AND cowboys.. now all we need is ninja's and zombies to make the set complete =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmm ... I'll try to work on that for next week.

      Delete
    2. oooh, oooh, oooh... NINJA ZOMBIES!!!! =)

      Delete
  2. I'm SURE there's a web comic somewhere about Lesbian Ninja Cowboy Zombies. How can there NOT BE??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noooooo... We would know about that, wouldn't we? ;-)

      Delete
  3. Space pirates are the best pirates. Female space pirates are the best space pirates. This is a good trend.

    Makes me wanna play Skies of Arcadia(Technically just airship pirates, I guess) or Rogue Galaxy again.

    ReplyDelete