Monday, August 06, 2012

ScumFlash: Future Dungeonparties

As you all know, some of us will go out to attend a dungeonparty at Zenith this week (A big thank you to Badness, Ninastar, Dolgan Elbane and Iola for volunteering). Ofcourse we’ll keep you up to date about their heroic deeds while there on this very blog.

We’ve been on quite some dungeonparties in the past and a lot of you have participated over the years, so you might remember how much fun they could be. Seeing our own dungeon is so hard to crack that we decided to only attempt them once a month we have some “free” weeks.

When Lord Judicator  from Zenith asked me if we could help them with some dungeon attempts it occurred to me… “Why not turn this into a the Severed Tongue tradition again?” What if we would reach out and help some other guilds to beat them a bit earlier so they too can enjoy the guild bonuses  a bit more and level a bit faster. In the end it will be more entertaining for us too.

There would be some basic rules that we can work out further later, if a big enough group of lowlifes agrees with the idea, like:
  • A Dungeonparty crew contains about 4 or 5 scum
  • We don’t join in attacking other guilds, but we’ll help defend if we are able
  • We won’t pay for the dungeons, but we’ll donate our leftovers like we do at home
  • Everybody that wants to go should have a chance to go to a party
  • Dungeon raids should start Wednesdays
  • Every partygoer is back  before the weekend starts (in case of specials)
  • Etc.

So for the next two weeks we’ll have a poll: “Would you like the idea of members of our guild going on a dungeonparty on a regular basis? “ Let your voice be heard and if you have better ideas then by all means let us know.

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like a plan to me. I do not think I am cut out for the dungeon attempts as I manage to miss battles every week as it is. For those that want to help out on a raid it sounds great.

    Scrubby

    ReplyDelete
  2. [as a previously regular animal] there's no downside in joining a party, changes the mood, resets your given shroooms/gold to guild but no ones really looking at these. make new friends at the cost of a few % stats in guild bonus percent, you will hopefully gain them back as dungeons get completed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like punching things. The idea of punching new and exciting things appeals to me.

    I'm a simple man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like the idea.

    Badness

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the idea, however, I only tend to be able to check in once a day. But I like the idea of luring new people into my dungeon. I mean. um. fighting things. yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So far so good, hope we get more scum to vote here though. And please, if you have any ideas on "rules"(hahahahaha, I know, I know) or perhaps even what kind of guilds we would want to help, or how they could apply, let us know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd take part in that if some guilds consider me to be an asset.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This injects new life into lower guilds, at the very least active people in lower guilds... After all, who are we thinking to replace people with if they leave if we don't start reaching out now?

    Who should we help? Start with guilds we have history with, and possibly branch out to another top10 guild that has been struggling but has a good crew.

    Riz.

    ReplyDelete