Sunday, September 25, 2011



Dog-ears, scribbles, highlights, coffee cup stains, bookmarks .. sometimes these are the things that mark our favorite books.  In an age where you can easily reach around the world to a shop in India or peek at an illustrator's desk in Oregon, favorites are stored electronically.   Still, both the feel of the smooth text under your fingers and the glossy bling of a website have one thing in common ... pages. 

As I thumb through my alternative fiction library or my collection of webcomics, I'll be sharing them with you in the hope that you find a few minutes of entertainment or a new favorite of your own.  I'll also be listing webcomics somewhere on this page so you'll have a handy link.

---------------- ◄§► ---------------

What happens when Satan needs some demons for a project and all the A-listers are out dealing mayhem?  Well, if you're in HR department Down Below, you look for the B-list imps to fill the role and send them off to the big guy.  Sadly, Hell's mailroom is as efficient as the post office ...

A millenia after being mailed to the big guy, the imps Pain, Tears and Misfortune arrive, in their dusty travel bottle, at the home of Luci Phurr, a pixieish first-grader. Since the imps (and most parents of first-graders) know that lurking behind the cherubic smile might also be the spawn of hell, the imps come to the safer conclusion (safer than querying the powers that be) that the bosses are never wrong, and vow to do her bidding.

With mixed results.



The imps will grow on you, I promise.  Follow along on school trips, t-ball coaching, and the annual general meeting of Hell.  Although cute and family friendly, you'll not be wanting your pre-teens to pick up any great ideas from this strip.

Click the logo below for the link.


3 comments:

  1. This is one of my more favorite comic links. I look forward to seeing what else we have in common in web-reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post.
    I'll look forward to the next entries, I need some quick and easy entertainment and it will improve my English...
    'Cause my English sucks and I want to go study linguistics.
    Decided that last week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love to see your link list too, Aaylia.

    ReplyDelete