Wednesday, September 21, 2011

In Flames

I believe it's still Wednesday in some parts of the world, so consider this post on time.

Since there's such an abundance of music out there, I find it hard to really pin down any music at all. So, I have put my hand into the lion's mouth and grabbed its tongue, and when I yanked it hard a gold pellet poppped out of its hind quarters. This pellet turned out to bear the name of a group I have loved for 10 years or more: it's that Swedish ragtag band of no-good low lifes named In Flames.

This "melodic death metal" band from Gothenburg, Sweden was formed in 1990 and has made 10 studio albums, of which Sounds of a Playground Fading is their latest release, having come out in 2011. Although I like most of their albums very much, there is one album I am particularly fond of, namely Reroute to Remain, with the subtitle Fourteen Songs of Conscious Insanity, or, should you buy the remastered version, Fourteen Songs of Conscious Madness. You can see it fits right in with us scum.

Since I can't review all of the songs, I will post two gems from this album. The first one, System, starts out hard and heavy but transforms into a melodic song about loss and fate. The singer, Anders Fridén, goes through a whole range of emotions and pulls it off rather well, I might say.



Another great song from this album is Cloud Connected. Something to do with the internet, and since I spent most of my waking moments online I thought it's a proper song for me to share with you.



Hope you enjoyed this tiny tidbit into metal land. Stay tuned for more Music with Rocks in it.

5 comments:

  1. I like the musical lessons! please keep them up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The name sounded very familiar and after seeing the video's I'm SURE I've seen them live. But, for the life of me, I can't remember where and when...

    This will keep me up all night...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man... I'm so glad we have the interwebs these days. Graspop 2008, memorable performance, but I totally forgot their name afterwards. Thank you for reminding me ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And there you have it. An official thank you from the Supreme Boss man hisselves. I will sleep with three eyes open.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always smart to watch your back. Especially if you play with fire.

    ReplyDelete