Sunday, February 19, 2012


Today's comic goes out to those of you, who, like me, can be hardcore science fiction goofs.

My collection of links is a bit long and I do need to clean it up a bit, or at least categorize ones, like Crimson Dark whose link, although in my files, I haven't read.  I randomly chose a new link today and ... into Chapter Two .. I am hooked.

Meet Kari Tyrell, our heroine.  Is it just me, or does she kind of have a Kara Thrace-ish look to her?  She seems to be modelled after the same type of personality .. with less cigars and more coffee.


Kari is an ace fighter-pilot, legendary throughout the Republic for turning the tide at the Battle of Whiterim. Only twenty-three years old, she is the youngest pilot ever to achieve the rank of Commander.

Kari meets up with the crew of the Niobe, through some shenanigans in Chapter 1 that I won't spoil for you here.  I'm not normally one to go all fangirl over technical drawings, but you have to admit that the artist has some amazing talent for ships.  Check out David Simon's Deviant Art pages.


And as if that isn't enough to give all you guys tented pants, check out this action scene:

Battle scene, Chapter One

The planet of Farhaven

Okay, I can't really speak to the plot since I'm only at Chapter Two, but this comic has been going on since 2006 and last page of the first volume was published in November 2011, so its got a lot of history.  This story is complete, but the artist is working on bonus pages and writing a novella.

There is a lot of added material on the Crimson Dark site for those who become fans .. a forum, glossaries, character breakdowns, ship designs, locales, etc.   Wallpapers.  Here's one of the rift ... just click on it to open, then save it.


And lastly, here's the masthead. Click for the link.  Hope you enjoy as much as I will!


I'd like to send a shout out to Aaylia for  providing me with another list of links.  I have much catching up to do!

2 comments:

  1. It looks great! And best of all... the story is finished already! So no endless waiting for the next freaking page (something i seriously hate about webcomics).

    Gonna read it all when i have a little more time to spare.

    Oh and leave our pants out of this ok? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gameforge bought rights (license) for Star Trek. They are worlds largest browser games makers. So star trek browser game is comming out soon and its looks realy brutal. Btw, interesting article, keep em comming. Cheers,
    Goku

    ReplyDelete