Thursday, September 29, 2011

Birthday Bashes and more

Birthday Bashes

We have two who have reached the ripe old age of 250.  Now, normally I would tell you that anyone that old would be easy to back stab, but not these two. Redwood18 is a scary looking demon with a rather nice hat that accents her horns. If only it covered more of her face. Gloryinchaos is a male darkelf (no dancing) who seems rather relaxed in his slippers and belt of pure magic. How he stays relaxed with the leech on his neck is anyone's guess. Last one to the party this week is Jmardo, a cute girl with a scar (so hot).  Her fashion sense is a little whack with her mailbox chest and demon belt.  Still, I would like to see her letters (get it ... letters?) she reached 225.   Hmm, last week 95% Club, this week birthday .... any connection?

95% Club
Bain, ninastar, woopydoo, Ghettoforce, Redwood18, Pizzar, Jmardo, Alyxyn, Melange, Wordplay, Koshka, Bloodshadow and Rido Fatesmiter would like to welcome one new member to the club this week, Morhdd. That makes 14 getting excellent bonus.

Deep 6rs (those under 60%)

Not a prestigious club, but they help make the curve for the rest of us.   Special notice to Akhdar, CrusaderBin, Kossar, Duncan Grehawk, Keldonhing, and Zimmi ... our thanks for letting the rest of us catch up some in levels.

3 comments:

  1. ok someone with better skills than I please make the names red I do it and write it that way but when I post its gone. Don't know why or how. We will see if I get censored by Iola again this week in pointing out the lower level books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As your editor-in-chief (or chief-busybody, take your pick), I go over all the posts for things like grammar, run-on sentences and unintentional spelling errors. Except when it comes to Alyxyn's posts; I just hold my nose and close my eyes. At the same time, I do a passover for things like guild member names, highlighting them if they've been missed, trying to keep visually consistent.

    I will rarely modify content. If I do, you can be sure that you'll get a mail with my reasoning for doing so. I would prefer that editorial decisions stay between the writer and editor, but you've let the cat out of the bag, so I feel I should respond.

    In this case, I do not want people singled out or alienated. I don't mind calling out the basement dwellers 'en masse,' and making gentle mockery in order to chide them to better scholastic performance. I just don't want finger-pointing at a particular person and seeing some version of "you suck."

    I guess I look at it like this: if your name were to appear in that particular group, would you still find it funny? If the answer is yes, then 'fill yer boots.' If the answer is no, then it needs to be edited, which is my job.

    While we may be scum with handy knives, we crew together on the good ship Severed Tongue.

    All of that said, I think you've hit upon a terrific compromise. Well done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you, and I meant no disrespect in my statement. I understand your job I was trying to be funny sorry if it came across rude. If I didn't have an editor everyone would be in trouble lol

    ReplyDelete