Saturday, October 22, 2011

Alaska Landing!






HOWDY TROOPS!

OK, Ladies & Germs! Last we talked, I was at 33,000 ft. with a horrible meal, but as promised, those flight attendants sure made it up to me! :)

So, where did the great Chef land? Well, here I am, safe and sound in the great state of Alaska! I have always enjoyed coming to this state. Friendly peeps, and wildlife, and GREAT food as well!

Today I asked a few of the locals, to point me to a landmark for good grub, and they pointed me to this fine little establishment here...



So whats the story behind this eatery? Here's some info taken from their website:

Humpy’s was founded in 1994 with the goal of providing downtown Anchorage a casual, neighborhood alehouse. Excellent food at reasonable prices, live local music and a fantastic selection of draught beers proved a winning combination, and Humpy’s was an overnight success. Humpy’s attracted loyal supporters in droves and revitalized the downtown nightlife scene.

Over a decade later Humpy’s is still going strong – a favorite with locals and tourists alike. Their secret is offering a little something for everyone. Music fans come in to enjoy everything from acoustic to rock performed by popular local musicians. Sports fans watch their favorite teams on the Big Screens or one of our many plasma TVs. Arts patrons drop in for a pre or post show drink when attending performances at the Alaska Center for the Performing Arts (sometimes the artists themselves even drop into Humpy’s; the Jame’s Cotton Blues Band rocked the open mic session after playing the PAC). And, food lovers of all stripes know that Humpy’s menu is a great value (their daily specials are some of Anchorage’s best kept secrets).

Humpy’s patio offers outdoor seating during the summer. Most folks gravitate to it during Anchorage’s beautiful, warm summer days. It’s a fantastic place to meet with friends, brag about your Alaskan exploits, and enjoy a summer ale and the best Alaskan Red King Crab in the world.

Humpy’s is a place tailor-made for beer lovers, by beer lovers. We believe in good food, good company, and of course, good beer — all at a fair price. So come see why we’re so popular with Alaskans and tourists alike!


Link

So, what did the Great Chef ask for second, and third plates of? This....

Reindeer Sausage!!

Actually, after they're done hacking the beast to bits, its comes out looking like this...

Scum, I just can't tell you how good this really is.

Yeah, yeah, blah blah,... "Oooohhhhhh, how mean, a poor defenseless little reindeer."  SHUT YOUR MOUTH and quit your crying! This is a meal for kings.  Ya, I would hack up Disney's Bambi if I knew I would get a great meal like this. So stop your belly aching!

You can also order it in sandwich form...

Looks can be deceiving! The taste is phenomenal!

My second dish from Humpy's to try was this...


Scum, you haven't lived till you tried fresh Alaskan King Crab! I mean right off the boat fresh!

Here is a link to their menu:


All in all, Humpy's just simply rocks. great food, service, and ...

Yup, you guessed it .. the ladies!


C'mon Scum, you knew where this was headed. Ya, even in a more remote place such as here in the last true frontier as they call it, my fame knows no bounds!

I want to thank the crew here at Humpy's and the locals, for making my stay here more than worth while. So, I'm off on another hot date....WHEEW.. Sheesh, when I get back from the road, I'm gonna need a vacation from this vacation! I will see you scum next week on another thrilling adventure.

And just as the Chef always says..... Don't do anything I wouldn't do. And if you do, be sure to name it after me.



3 comments:

  1. That looks like it was prepared in the dark... but i guess that is what you get if you spend so much time without sunlight...

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you get back home, Mrs Chef is going to take a rolling pin to the back of your head. Tsk tsk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like they have all the good stuff at that place ! Gotta have to stop by on my way to... humm... I'll figure that one out later.

    ReplyDelete