Thursday, October 20, 2011

White Lies

It's Indie music time! Yes, folks. I finally caved and I am going soft on you. Indie music, like goth, is a type of music that makes you want to kill yourself slowly with a blunt razorblade, or die in a fire or something. But, unlike goth, Indie makes it sound like they are having fun while doing it.

OK, OK, don't flame me to death now. I really like Indie. I have a soft spot for all these silly bands out there, like Kasabian and Editors and Death Cab for Cutie and Sigur Ros and Royksopp and what not. So, let me introduce one of the bands that has actually had quite an effect on me personally: Pink Floyd! No, no, wait. That was during my other youth. I meant, White Lies!

They are a British band with two albums out, To Lose My Life (2009) and Ritual (2011). They are both very good albums, and instead of me whining on about how good they are, I am just going to post a few video clips of them. I'll let you decide for yourself whether it's to your taste or not.

White Lies - To Lose My Life


White Lies - Farewell to the Fairground


White Lies - Death


White Lies - Is Love


White Lies - Bad Love


White Lies - Bigger than Us


I hope you enjoyed this little British expedition. See you again next week!

Cheers
Nargoth

4 comments:

  1. Likes this band... Its more to my taste honestly. I listened to the others but this fits me better. Good one Nargoth!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this is a band I fully endorse. They have a very similar sound to an 80's band wich name i can't remember at the moment. But I love the sound. Seen them live last year on Lowlands it was I think. Great show, well not really a show but great nevertheless. Didn't realise they had a second album out though. This post is going to cost me money again...

    Damn you Narc! Even if you do something right I end up paying the bill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But why are you calling Sigur Ros an Indie band?

    ReplyDelete