Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Welcome to this very anticipated (right?!?) column that looks into some of the music that might have infuenced your life in some way, maybe... yeah...

So this week is a big one, as our next participant is none other than our good old, grumpy Ghettoforce himself ! That's right folks, our very own GBoss is not afraid of what's out there! Without any further intro, as we all know him and respe-- *dodges a coffee cup thrown by someone in the crowd* --respire the same air, here is Ghettoforce's music story.

When his dad and mom had the maaaaarrrvelous idea to create such a being as GBoss, this is what was in their heads :



So everything should have started very well for our little Ghetto, that being a song of looooove and all that. Indeed, this was I Honestly Love You by Olivia Newton-John.

But then, when he was fully in his teenage rebellion, at 14 years old, he was telling the world how they had to know him. He had his hair all rebel and stuff, just like his idol at the time :



And he was all emo over the girls, but singing to them he's keeping his distance. Smart boy.

We all know that our favorite GBoss always had a tendency to drink. Although it has been rumored that our leader drank whiskey straight before he could actually say "whiskey straight", we'll just pretend he went driving, at 21 years old, to buy his booze for his birthday celebration. Indeed, 'cause that night, they where all trashing to :



So yeah... How did GBoss turn the way he did listening to that kind of music ? You all can make your own theory. I have to say that the image I had of Ghetto changed a bit after seeing all these. I'm even laughing a little.

This week was great !
Let's keep it up !

7 comments:

  1. LIES!!! ALL LIES i tell you!!!

    Ofcourse I have no proof what my parents where listening to when they thought of creating a being like me. As a matter of fact they refuse to talk about it completely!!!

    But Simply Red? I HATE them with a passion that shines brighter then a 1000 suns! When i was 14 the only nr 1 song i found bearable around here was "Me, Myself and I" from De La Soul (see much more in line with character).

    And being Dutch, it was legal to drink when I was 16 and what was the big hit at that time? YES! JAMES BROWN IS DEAD by LA Style (so killing was already part of me back then too). Still bounces around in his head when he remembers those great beats.

    And when I was 18 and happily driving in my car (lol, somehow back then it was possible to drive and not just getting stuck in traffic jams) well actually since the early 90's, after discovering Bleach, there was only one band worth mentioning. Yes my friends that band was Nirvana. (there a social outcast to complete the set)

    So don't believe the lies Kami is spreading Scum. I'm sure he has been bribed by AA to undermine my position as scumlord!

    (love the idea Kami, very enjoyable column. Looking forward to the next one)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would never bribe anyone. The warlord LIES! Kami is above reproach and would have no evil thoughts of conquering the warlord. Other than with rotting music choices!
    I love the column. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The music is a bit mellow in comparison to Gforce. lol @ the simply red comment.

    Maybe we should allow our Soundcheck subjects to choose a song from the music catalogue of their life and explain why it means something to them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome.

    Love the comments so far. Too bad there seem to be very little of us actually posting. But we're loving it.

    I forgot to mention in my post that next week's participant is :
    *drum roll*

    Our beloved Mistress AAylia !!
    Yes mam, you're next out there. I'm looking forward to it. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll come prepared!!!

    @ Iola
    I think it is more fun this way. Let them defend their real taste in music in the comments. That way we get a laugh AND learn something about them ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. :D This is fun stuff!
    I only have one comment here...
    I think the scumlord is wearing This right now!
    http://www.noisebot.com/i_noticed_that_youre_gangster_im_pretty_gangster_myself.htm

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL, especially the handbag...

    Wait.. HEY!!!

    ReplyDelete