Sunday, June 24, 2012


I ran across a webcomic today that blew my mind, in weird and wonderful ways.  If you had to distill the essence of this comic down to one word, it would be WTF??!!?

The artist's work is mind-blowing and this first panel is from his website.


The webcomic itself needs some explanation and I .. well ... I'm not really sure what's going on.  Here's what Vitaly has to say about it:


A classically trained artist who moved from Russia to Toronto, he has discovered how photoshop can help his paintings and photography break down conventional archetypes.  I urge you to visit his site and check his photography pages.  He brings post-apocalyptic imagery to you with care, attention and love.

Okay, okay, you get it.  He's good.  But he also has a wacky sense of humour.  This is a panel from a series called "81 Shoes."
  

And since this next series sported one of our favorite Scum memes ... I thought I'd post it too.




He has a blog on his site as well, so you can follow along, kinda, with the Captain and his musings.  I haven't figured out whether the author is writing in character or not.

Usually, this article is about comics I recommend you read.  After reading a great number of episodes and doing the extra bit of research that lazy Scum do .. I'm still shaking my head and wondering what's going on.  For sure I'll be watching to see where the crazy train is going.  If you'd like to catch the express, click the logo link below.



2 comments:

  1. Wow... It sure makes you wonder "what is going to happen next, and what is it all about???"an awfull lot. Great pictures too! Seriously interesting find indeed...

    ReplyDelete